Hermit 16 — A Full Browser + Incognito by Default
Jul 06, 2020
- Enable as Default Browser: ✨ Your most-requested feature is finally here, in Early Access!
- Turn this on in Settings, and you can open all links from other apps within Hermit.
- Links will open in the Lite App if you have one, or in Incognito Mode otherwise.
- This is available today for our Early Access Program members, and in the future to everyone else in the next release.
- Incognito Mode: 🕵️ All web links open in Incognito Mode by default if there’s no corresponding Lite App already present.
- 100% Kotlin: 🧩 We have fully rewritten the app in a new language.
- Replaced several libraries with better Kotlin-friendly ones:
- ButterKnife –> Kotlin Synthetics
- Gson –> Moshi
- Glide –> Coil
- RxJava –> Coroutines
- Cupboard –> SqlDelight
- Guava –> OkHttp (for some functions).
Hermit is now more than 5 years old, and it was time to do some much-needed improvements to its core. As you can see, we have been busy upgrading the app internals to prepare for the next few years of awesome new features.
Now that we’ve finished this time-consuming refactoring effort, we hope to bring you new features even faster than before. 👍